Since 2006, The National Women’s Golf Association has operated more than five hundred professional golf tournaments for female athletes who aspire to play on the LPGA Tour. Year after year the NWGA proves to be a valuable stepping stone for players as they hone and develop their skills in preparation for a career in professional golf. Some of the biggest names in women’s golf have competed in and won NWGA tournaments. players such as; Paula Creamer, Maria Hjorth, Brooke Henderson, Cindy Feng, Jeong Jang, Amy Yang, Anna Nordqvist, Cheyenne Woods, Beatriz Recari, M.J Hur, Chella Choi, and dozens more who went on to find success on the LPGA Symetra Tour, LPGA Tour, and Tour’s abroad. Whether you are a new player to the professional ranks, or a seasoned pro looking to stay competitive during the off season, the NWGA guarantees to provide you with a competitive and professionally run tournament experience.
In 2020 the NWGA will begin offering a series for collegiate and elite high school golfers. The NWGA Elite Amateur Series (presented by Eggland’s Best) will offer competitive amateurs the same professional tournament experience that we have offered professionals for the past sixteen seasons. The series will consist of eight to ten 54 hole tournaments capped off with the Eggland’s Best Match Play finale (more info TBD)
For more information about how to be part of our organization please read the information below. If you have any questions feel free to contact the tour at email@example.com
Membership (Membership is not required to compete. A $125 nonmember fee will be automatically applied to entry fee at checkout)
Summer Membership discount = $299
- Valid through December 31 of current tournament year
- Any female golfer aged 13 and older is eligible for membership
- Membership fees are non-refundable regardless of reason.
- Benefits of being a member;
- Reduced entry fees - Members can save up to $125 on tournament entry fees
- Training Division - Amateurs pay a lower entry fee and are competing for the experience only.
- Ideal for competitive amateurs.
- Collegiate Players
- Elite High School Players
- Competition Division - Amateurs pay a higher entry fee and are eligible to receive merchandise credit of up to $750 for tournament performance. Amateurs in this division are considered in the percentage of the field paid.
- Amateur competitors in any division should be competitive of golf course yardages playing 6100 - 6,700 yards.
Entry Fees effective May 1, 2021
- Professional - $299 + 4% processing fee
- Competition Division - $299 + 4% processing fee
- Training Division - $150 + 4% processing fee
- NONMEMBERS add $125 to the entry fees listed above.
- Entry fees cover greens fee, cart fee (2 carts per pairing), purse buy-in and awards.
- Entry fees do NOT cover practice rounds or lunches.
- Some tournaments will have a surcharge added to the entry to cover higher course costs. If a tournament has a surcharge, it will be noted on the tournament information page.
Tour Finale Tournaments and Eligibility
- 2021 Tour Finale (Fall 2021) - $15,000 added purse bonus.
- Currently, the tour has three sponsored tournaments on the schedule for 2021.
- Sponsored tournaments have a first place prize of $10,000.
- All guarantees for sponsored events are dependent on the tour's promise to cover the host course pro-am. all players registering should be willing to play in the pro-am if needed.
- Depending on Covid impacts in 2021, sponsored tournaments may be postponed. The Fort Rucker Ladies Open & Silver Wings Pro-Am, and the Legends at Parris Island Pro-Am are on military bases, and base access may impact these events. Currently we are moving forward as scheduled with these tournaments, and we will evaluate the Covid situation in mid-July.
Tournament Withdrawal Policy
- A $35 admin fee will be assessed to tournament WD's.
- WD's after the registration deadline will receive a refund minus $125. *May be higher depending on course cost for select tournaments
- WD's after pairings have been posted to web site will not be eligible for refund.
- $10,000 1st place guarantee for all sponsored tournaments provided we fulfill our commitment to cover the host clubs pro-am.
- $3000 1st place guarantee with 29 or more professionals in the field for non-sponsored 54-Hole tournaments.
- 54 Hole event - 25% get paid= 34 or less professionals and competition division amateurs in the field.
- 54 Hole event - 33% get paid= 35 or more professionals and competition division amateurs in the field. 45 pros x. 33 = 14.8 (14 pros get paid)
- 36 Hole events - all 36 hole events will pay 25% of the pro and comp amateur field.
- Players receive their earnings via Direct Deposit for US bank account holders. International players will have their earning sent via wire transfer. All wire transfers are subject to a $55 transfer fee, plus any fees placed by the receiving international bank.
- Deposits are made 48-72 hrs after tournament completion. Holidays, weekends, and new account verification may delay deposits.
- Players must submit appropriate tax documentation prior to receiving winnings.
- International Players on certain types of Visas that do not permit you to earn money while on that Visa will not be eligible to receive any earnings. The tour will not hold earnings for disbursement at a later date. All earnings must be paid out within fourteen days of tournament completion. Earnings may not be paid out to a third party without the third party providing proper tax documentation, and will be subject to taxation on the deposits they receive for the player.
- Regular Tournament - Players are responsible for booking and paying for their own practice rounds. Practice round rate and restrictions are listed on the individual tournament information pages.
- Sponsored Tournaments - unless otherwise specified, players will have complimentary practice rounds and range privileges.
Immigration Letters - Effective January 1 2018
- The tour will no longer serve as a sponsor for immigration purposes. Players should consult with an immigration attorney. The tour will provide supporting documentation for your application packet. The tour will only provide supporting documentation for tour members only who have pre-committed to playing in a minimum of 50% of the tour’s schedule tournaments. This criteria is not negotiable - we need this documented to show your level of commitment to immigration.
Walking / Cart Transportation:
- For all non-sponsored events players will be required to utilize carts during competition. Under normal conditions, the tour is permitted only two carts per group. Players wishing to not share a cart may, if there is cart availability, rent an additional cart from the host club. The cost of the additional cart rental is determined by the host club, and this is only if they have enough carts available to satisfy tournament and daily fee demand.
- Unless otherwise specified, for all sponsored event(s), players will be required to walk.
- Players are permitted to have caddies. However, for tournaments requiring cart transportation all caddies will be required to walk during play of the hole. For additional information refer to Condition of Competition and addendum notices in the starters box.
- Fashion acceptable in the golf industry for players and caddies is required. Host clubs dress code and shoe policy will supersede the tour’s policy. If you have concerns regarding dress code please contact the host club for clarification.
- Shoes - players may wear spiked or soft spiked shoes. However, the host clubs dress code and shoe policy will supersede the tour’s policy. If you would like to wear spiked golf shoes please contact the club in advance to inquire. Caddies are required to wear smooth bottom shoes.
Yardage Books and Distance Measuring Devices
- Unfortunately, we do not offer yardage books at this time.
- Payers are permitted to use their range finders, GPS and the like during competition.
- Devices that measure slope and gradient may not be used unless these features have been disabled prior to teeing off.
Sponsored Tournaments & Pro-Am Participation
- All professionals will be required to participate in a scheduled pro-am if needed. A professional not willing to participate in a pro-am if needed should expect to be withdrawn from the tournament. Pro-am lists will be posted 7 days prior to the scheduled pro-am, and any openings will be filled as registrations come in. The tournament sponsorship is based on successful pro-am participation, so if you want to play for the added money you need to be willing to play in pro-ams.
- The tournament sponsorship is based on successful pro-am participation, so if you want to play for the added money you need to be willing to play in pro-ams. If we cannot supply enough players and the host facility cancels their pro-am, if the host facility will allow us to use their course we will have the tournament without sponsorship money added. If the club will not let us use their course, we will try to reschedule at another facility.
Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct Policy is covered by one sentence.
“Any player, or caddie, who displays conduct (while on host course property, making derogatory comments towards the tour and its sponsors on site or through social media platforms and the like) deemed by the tournament committee as conduct unbecoming of a golf professional will be in breach the NWGA Code of Conduct Policy.”
Breaches of this policy subjects the player to penalty, disqualification, and or tour suspension depending on the circumstance. PLAYERS are responsible for their CADDIES conduct.